View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #27
Lucy

Re: almost 14 years NED breast cancer and apparently it's back in my lungs

Cathy,

I've been following this thread for a while and just wanted to comment on your last entry. When I was first diagnosed with cancer I made a conscious decision to NOT search anything about my cancer. My thought process on that was that not everything I found would be accurate. And even if I could find a credible website with accurate information, it wouldn't be specific to me and I know myself well enough to know that I would be obsessed about the worst case scenario even though it probably wouldn't apply to me. Someone even directed me to this forum but I came here and read some pretty scary stuff and decided I couldn't come back until after I completed chemo. My plan was to follow my doctor's orders and her questions directly rather than get my information off the internet. That approach worked for me.

My point is, I would encourage you to NOT Google information at this time because it could cause additional stress when the information isn't really specific to you, if that all makes sense.

In any event, you're in my thoughts and prayers and I hope all goes well.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote