View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 05:17 AM   #12
sarah

thank you Becky.
I think they're very strict here about what they can give with tykerb - the doctor could go to jail if he doesn't follow strict rules.
She is now going to have a second opinion (but not until late january) with my oncologist who is always extremely up to date and I believe will do whatever is necessary for his patients. He got me on things that a less famous doctor couldn't but no one can argue with his reputation. plus he's a fuzzy, kind doctor, so I hope he will have something to say. unfortunately he works in the same cancer clinic as her doctor so may want to tread delicately but in person she should be able to overcome that.
we are worried. we know how serious inflammatory bc is.
her courage and inner strength are amazing.
As you mentioned: she had nose bleeds - finger bleeding - quite strongly. it's interesting also that she seems to get worst when:
she's off herceptin
in the winter
last december we were frantic for her and got her into a trial in LA for tykerb but then it came to France so she didn't have to travel there. now this year.
I really appreciate your suggestions. This site is a so wonderful. I wouldn't know where to turn.
love and hugs
sarah
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote