View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 09:33 AM   #50
Her2nSue

Unhappy side affects

I had Herceptin with the taxol for once a week for 12 weeks straight and really didn't see/feel any significant problems. Now I'm on Herceptin once every 3 weeks for a year. After the first infusion, the following week I noticed my thumbs were achey and throbby. Mainly in the joint to the hand. As the weeks progressed for my 2nd infusion, fingers started to swell, slowly. No problem with ankles or feet, though.

O.K. so now I've had the 2nd infusion and the pain is unbearable in the thumbs, extremely stiff leg muscles and back muscles. If I drive for 30 minutes straight, I look like a 110 yr. old person getting out of the car. Once I get going, it's ok, the back muscles and leg muscles seem to sort of relax. Not the thumbs. I finaly called the onc and they put me on Celebrex. Doesn't make me feel completely limber, but the pain is much better. I can now write my name without cringing in pain.

So, if anyone else is experiencing these joint, muscle pains, be persistent and see if they will prescribe something for you to help you through the rest of the herceptin infusions.

Ya know, all of this just wipes you out, and we're having an early summer heat wave out here which just makes it even worse. If I can get one thing done during the day, I feel like I at least accomplished something other than just being a lump of body pain.
Her2nSue is offline   Reply With Quote