View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #6
Ruth

Julie:

This is such a hard question to answer. No-one knows where we are in life and death. If you look at it one way we are all stage iv...including all the men that you meet. They may not have a cancer diagnosis but the one guarantee in life is that one day you will pass on. Do we know the exact date? Of course not! Why can't you start a new marriage? My dearest friend in the world died at age 32 from a very rare form of adrenal cancer (this was 10 years ago). She married the love of her life 3 months prior to her death. Don't stop love and happiness concerned with what tomorrow will bring. You are sweet, kind and beautiful and there are lots and lots of men out there that would consider you a gift to them! The tricky part is how to tell them. I dated after my ex husband left and I found out that if I was really interested in the guy, I let them know early. My cancer was/is NED but I still had a pretty high chance of recurrence with my markers and lymph node involvement. My sweetheart said he didn't care that I was missing a breast (he was a rear man himself) and that if he only had a short time with me, it was worth it. There are great wonderful men out there. Don't you hear about 90 year olds marrying in nursing homes? Go for it!!
Hugs ~ Ruth

Diagnosed 6/03 nursing daughter
Dose dense A/C 4x
Modified rad mast 8/03
IDC; 3 cm; 10+/16 nodes; ER/PR-; Her2+++
Weekly taxol w/Herceptin (off label) 12x's
40 weeks Herceptin
Radiation 33x
Reconstruction w/ implants 05 & 07
NED
Ruth is offline   Reply With Quote