Thread: Anxiety
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 06:37 AM   #9
dArla

Re: Anxiety

In my view, anxiety is about one's relationship to uncertainty. And there are definitely things one can do to suffer less about uncertainty. I am offering what has worked for me, since I have walked the path of out of control anxiety, and know what a *B* it is to experience. So here is my perspective: Take it, or leave it. This is a faith issue. This is about *the god shaped hole* that we all suffer with. You will NEVER be able to create certainty in all areas of your life. So, the remedy is to work on your relationship with uncertainty. Or, the mystery, as some people call it. I cured my own anxiety through prayer. Not by prayer that it go away, and having it disappear. But rather, by using prayer, putting trust is something beyond my own ability to understand, and letting my own mind relax into the unknown. I used my anxiety as a *bell*, that is, when I felt anxious, I would say a prayer, or a mantra, and that helped discipline my mind, to not be like a runaway dog. One of my favorite mantras is this: I am as God created me. It is so simple, but it is deep. And I can pull that out in any situation and start to feel relief, immediately. So, that is my offering to anyone who is suffering. This is about how much you trust life. Actively cultivating trust in life, is the cure to anxiety. Self medicating as well as solely relying on medicine isn't an option, though there were periods in my life when I trusted traditional medicine more. I started doing yoga as well as drinking shilajit tea and according to this study https://purblack.com/moomiyo-extract-super-yogis/ it helps, and indeed it did. Still, now I solely rely on healthy diet and healthy lifestyle. And I think if there're signs of anxiety and depression, you should see a professional. The quality of medical information available to the public is worse than poor. It's "dumbed down" and used, in many cases, to sell something on the website. Medical professionals have access to the full text of research papers; which are far more informative. Much of that material is behind paywalls, and unless you work at a medical company or research university it's "invisible". For example, the National Institutes of Health (https://www.nih.gov/) maintains an on-line catalog of all medical research. It's a project that goes back over 35 years. Best wishes!
dArla is offline   Reply With Quote