Thread: Note for Lani
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Paula O

Re: Note for Lani

Thank you for letting me know, Lani. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well and hope you get to feeling tip-top and get all caught up real soon.

As far as my paper goes, I've worked hard on it and I think I am all done unless I hear back soon from one of the Dr's who volunteered to be mentors to the breast cancer advocates for the Hot Topic assignment. Two emails bounced back and I didn't get a reply back from the other two doctor mentors that I wrote individually to see if they could read over my paper and give any input/help me sum up the science I didn't understand better. I know people are busy. Oh well, no worries. I think the paper is probably fine as is without more tweaking. I've learned a lot and given it my best which I can feel good about.

Laurel, Thanks for the New Years greeting (mine are right backatcha) and well wishes on the paper. My daughter's middle name is Laurel. I think it's a beautiful name and reminds me of the lovely Mountain Laurel flowering bushes we had in Connecticut, (their State Flower).

Henny, I hadn't heard that TED talk before and just listened to it. Wow, that's research/technology to get excited about! I appreciate you telling me about Deborah Rhodes and I discovered some info i didn't know which were nice additions for my paper. Thank you. Perhaps others would be interested too. I found her on Youtube:

Deborah Rhodes: "A tool that finds 3x more breast tumors, and why it's not available"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqbM1ZrpTQg Jan 6, 2011

Have a great day!

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote