View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #19
NEDenise

Re: Need to be able to...EAT!

Steph,
So sweet of you to worry about me! Blood sugar is being well monitored...and so far no problems. In fact, I had already started eliminating sugars and starches before the blood sugar issue was even raised. That may have something to do with it...or maybe I just have a very efficient pancreas.

Oddly, for the last several months, I've noticed that I don't ever feel hungry or full. I actually have to remember to eat when everyone else is out. I absolutely am not as active as I'd like to be...but I think that's improving with the decreasing dose of dex.

And...just like Jody and Susan's docs don't seem concerned that they're losing weight...mine are not at all concerned by my gaining...as long as all the blood work, and my blood pressure are okay. Of course, they don't have to look in my mirror every morning!
If everything goes as planned...it should only be another month or so until the dex is done...then we'll see about slimming down! So, for now...I just have to keep reminding myself that bloated beats brain swelling...hands down!! And keep trying to be patient! Not my greatest virtue...I know, I know...that comes as a shock...but it's true! hee hee

Here's hoping that by the end of the summer, I'll be able to post that I too am losing weight!! But more importantly, that my brain is NED!!

Denise
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote