View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Becky

This is an appropriate treatment. Although I had the AC followed by taxol then Herceptin, FEC of which the F is for 5 FU, the e for epirubicin (which is similar to the A or adriamycin) and the C is the same for cytoxan. Docetaxel is taxotere which is a taxane similar to taxol (many oncs think its better than taxol but all the same, a taxane which works well especially combined with herceptin).

This is a fine treatment and really good that your onc is still able to combine a taxane with the herceptin even though you are node negative - you will do very well with this.

Kind regards

Becky

PS - I think this treatment will be the same (as far as how hard it will be in comparison to AC followed by Taxol) EXCEPT there are less of them so it should be easier because of that. Also, epirubicin is supposedly easier on the heart than adriamycin. Taxotere is the same but the premeds are different (decadron for taxotere vs benadryl for taxol) so it depends on you personally as some women think one is a breeze or the other. So I guess for you it is a crap shoot because you don't know how it will be until its over. None the less, chemo isn't as bad as the thought of it in your mind and we are here to help with advice on side effects etc.
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote