View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 03:48 PM   #183
kat in the delta

Location: MS Delta in Clarksdale="Home of the Blues" (near Memphis,TN)by Misssissippi River/levee's highest pt.
Post Kat in the delta

I am glad you are now finished.
Since, I do not know how low my heart really got..
I am WORSE...AFTER ALL TREATMENTS..than...I was During Chemotherapy. I also had Adriamycin/Cytoxin..
A. can be Toxic to your heart.
Herceptin can also be toxic to your heart
I read where, if you add HERCEPTIN after the Adriamycin ...you are 5 x's more likely to have
Heart problems that may not show up until 10 yrs. or more.. down the road. I will try to find that study.. and post it when and if I do..

By the way, my Heart Echo, I took 2 weeks ago and a year from my stopping point except for some Zometa, that I didn't need as often...another story..........
MY HEART ECHO WAS a "48" 2 weeks ago....so I do not know how LOW my number was at the END of TREATMENT as the package insert of HERCEPTIN..says..along with the every 3 mos or more testing of your heart.... Look in any Cancer magazine.. where Herceptin is being advertized.. They have the pkg. insert written there..in black and white... I ONLY wish I HAD KNOWN THIS DURING THE TIME I HAD MY TREATMENTS....not the Drug Co. fault. ------------------------------------KAT
I also had taxol...--just caused nerve dammage-that Numbness in extremities..or maybe the fact that I cannot seem to LET GO of things I pick up with my left hand...which is really wierd.....
kat

Last edited by kat in the delta; 10-27-2007 at 03:55 PM.. Reason: left out words
kat in the delta is offline   Reply With Quote