View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 04:24 AM   #85
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Little Pink Houses of Hope is such a great organization! I've shared in this thread a few times about this non profit. Our family was chosen to participate at Oak Island in 2012 during Round #1 in my fight and I have volunteered at retreats in New Smyrna Beach a couple times and this summer my daughter and I volunteered for a week with LPHOH in Key West (during Round #2 of my fight). Such fun! The retreats for the rest of 2017 are full (although on their retreat schedule on their web site it looks like there is a possibility of one in California in December to be announced still--might be worth keeping an eye on that potential opening). Come January 2018 if you are in active treatment, I highly recommend applying. There are many people who apply but who knows, YOU might be picked! Several of us members here have been chosen to participate. It's a free vacation of a life time for folks battling breast cancer that reaches out to the whole family in an incredible way.

I wanted to share that the founder of www.littlepink.org has just been nominated as a CNN Hero.

Here is a brief video clip: http://www.cnn.com/videos/health/201...-coble-mix.cnn
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote