View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #30
v-ness

Re: Eyelashes--Need Some!

after shelling out $25 for some useless Aveda curl taming cream, i found a $2.75 product that worked in Walmart. Herbal Essences Curl Scrunching Gel. i always had curls that frizzed up in humidity so this battle is not new to me. it's the length that's the struggle. the curl scrunching gel, used liberally, really grabs and sets those curls. my sister told me about a woman who does "brazilian relaxing" (i hope she didn't mistake relaxing for waxing cuz i sure don't want a brazilian wax!) which does not use lye. i might consult about it once my hair grows out a little more. i'd love to see how the straight side lives! i only ever got to experience it after great effort for an hour with a straightening iron. in the 70's i used to pine over the girls with long straight hair as i pulled my mess back in a rubber band. and then they all started in with the perms and i thought WTF!?

i had a weird dream the other night. i dreamt that this girl with long blonde hair and a great set of ta-ta's was at Mardi Gras and even though she wasn't the most glamorous girl there, nor did she take her top off and flash, she was chosen Mardi Gras Queen. when they hoisted her in the air she whipped off her long blonde wig to reveal brand new baby hair just growing in after chemo and i cheered for her because there she was with her beautiful breasts bravely showing them all she was recovering from breast cancer, just like me, and her confidence made mine skyrocket in turn.

valerie
2/10 began 7 wks of radiation
6/10 mom dies of primary peritoneal ovarian cancer
8/10 got my last remaining ovary out
10/10 mammogram all clear
3/11 MRI shows 5 'spots' in right breast, largest 1 cm unidentifiable on US
needle biopsy proved the largest to be old inflamed cyst -phew!
7/10 switched to Arimidex
8/9 switched to Femara - allergic to arimidex
Femara made me lose hair quickly so switched to Aromasin
Aromasin made my hair fall out too and the bone pain was too much.
back on Tamoxifen 1/2013.
blood clot from trains and planes 5/2014 so on coumadin per onco for as long as i am on tamoxifen
tamoxifen was supposed to be up with my 5 yrs in may but my boyfriend was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer so i am staying on tamoxifen indefinitely because i want some ammo against BC, given the stress. lost my husband in only 10 wks in 2007 to stage 4 esophageal cancer.
cancer's screwing with another man i love
2/2016 - 6yrs in remission, off tamoxifen and off coumadin - yay!
v-ness is offline   Reply With Quote