View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 12:34 PM   #5
KathyH

We are with you

Hi Sweet Friend,

I know how you feel. The Great News is that you have found a place where people who love you and know where you are can give you support. You have been given a challenge, not a death sentence. I hate to use such a harsh term but I think it is probably what went through all of our minds in the beginning. You will find on this site women who have faced the length and breadth of diagnoses and are triumphing. If you have to have this, now is a much better time to have it than in the past. You will find much encouraging news here about how targeted therapies (particularly Herceptin) have brightened the picture for our diagnosis. I was 39 when I was diagnosed with stage 3c her2+++ last year. My children were 5, 7, and 11 when I was diagnosed. I did things like trying to emotionally distance myself from them so that they wouldn't need me so much. But, a year later I am still here, they are a year older, and I am enjoying "no evidence of disease" status. You have many friends here to rely on for support and information. You are loved and prayed for.

Sincerely, KathyH
KathyH is offline   Reply With Quote