View Single Post
Old 09-23-2008, 04:30 AM   #21
Mar

I just saw your email. I wanted you to know that I was terrified also when I was told I was HER2/neu with overexpression, with three lymph nodes involved, and that I was hormone negative, and that my cancer was quite aggressive and was likely to return. I just celebrated five years in remission, since my surgery, the first week of August. Take heart from that and know it is possible to beat this disease and live many years. I just had CT scans and bone scans done that didn't show any sign of return.
Each day is a gift of sweet sweet time. I am STILL learning to not have moments of fear. After all, I am human.
I suffer long term side effects of nerve damage(I have severe nerve endings pain that causes me agony) to my arms, legs, and groin area(called Neuropathy) from Taxotere, one of the chemo drugs they gave me, post surgery. I go around singing "I can do all things, through Christ, who give me my strength". It helps me when my pain gets worse and I am weary from coping with high end type pain. I have lots of family support and encouragement and that helps too.
Good luck to you as you go through your treatment. I will pray for you in this fight so many of us have faced. God bless you.
Mar is offline   Reply With Quote