View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 05:57 AM   #20
Mary Jo

Good Morning Everyone,

I am 2 weeks and 2 days out of my last herceptin which ended October 11th. I received herceptin for 1 full year, every 3 weeks. I was er/pr negative. Her2neu positive. I was 45 at time of diagnosis. Did 4 A/C and 4 Taxol dose dense regimen (bi-weekly). Chemo put me into menopause.

Anyway, herceptin and I got a long pretty well. I had one muga at 4 months into herceptin and was told it was fine. I never felt fatigued while on it and had only a little tummy trouble. Nothing major - never affected my appetite or anything like that (unfortunately - hehe). I did experience some left rib/side pain sporadically - some diarehhea and gas pain - also sporadically. Sometime the symptoms would be worse after certain infusions. Not sure why. Anyway, this last one now, being 2 weeks and 2 days out I feel great. The rib/side pain is hardly there - no diarrehhea this time - stool color back to normal (that happened too a couple times during the year - had a lighter - more yellow/tan colored stool).

Overall though, feel great! Is exercising like I was before chemo - 2 - two mile powerwalks a day. (during chemo usually managed a 2 mile walk almost every day) Just recently started jogging during parts of my first 2 mile walk.

Take care and God Bless.

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06