Thread: Harriecanarie?
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
harrie

Hi!!! I'm back!! Yes, I just posted a thread on ear wax and BO yesterday!!
Had a great trip!
1. headed to Ca for my 6 month ck up with my onco...and all is great!
2. then headed to Portland OR and got to see the city as well went to my son's grad at Willamette Univ. Grad was great, campus was amazingly beautiful (1st time I saw it) and Portland is a fantastic city!!! Very diverse, public transpor was unreal, and very eco-friendly.
3. then my whole fam headed up to Alaska for a wk's road trip from Anchorage to the Kenai Penninsula. Was really fun the 4 of us on a vacation together, the weather was fantastic, and the state is beautiful!! It was not fishing season, so NO fishing. And since it was not fishing season, there were not many people there. Fishing season starts in a few wks so we just missed it.
Funniest thing that happened: my daughter and I were walking on this trail to go to the glacier and I decided to make this animal muffled call that I made up so my husband and son would think it was an animal. Well lo and behold his huge moose comes prancing real fast out of the trees TOWARDS us!! Later I learned that the call I made sounds very much like a female moose in heat!!
Was a great trip. Since we knew it was not going to be crowded, we just jumped in our rented SUV and winged the entire trip up there. Was fun. Stayed at some great places and had some awesome food too!!
Love, HarrieCanarie

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote