Thread: New Battle
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #99
Laurel

Re: New Battle

Barb,

I hate this scary @#&* you are enduring and wish I could ease it some how. Ok. You know my "glass half full" dictum. The positive take away here is that the plaque treatment is working! Yea! Your retina is healing now that it is no longer displaced by the tumor! Yea again!

Barb, you have heard doom & gloom before in your life regarding your health, specifically stats quoted 29 years ago with your breast cancer diagnosis, but here you are, my friend. What did you see and enjoy in those 29 years?

I know the stats are abysmally sucky, but 50/50 just means you are swinging from home plate against a decent pitcher with tolerably skilled fielders. Seems to me you should aim for the stands and take your chances.

As for the anti-depressant, I think you should embrace it as a short-term "get me through this" thing. At some point I think you will begin to believe you will be around for awhile and will not need it. I only have experience with Elavil which I was given for my ever chronic migraine. As I told you, I hated the dry mouth and somnolence so much I prefer the migraine! LOL. However, my one friend took Zoloft for a few months with wonderful results. She took herself off of it when she was on firmer footing.

As soon as I can get up your way you have a big hug (and Barb is a terrific hugger, guys!) coming!

Smile On!
Laurel

Dx'd w/multifocal DCIS/IDS 3/08
7mm invasive component
Partial mast. 5/08
Stage 1b, ER 80%, PR 90%, HER-2 6.9 on FISH
0/5 nodes
4 AC, 4 TH finished 9/08
Herceptin every 3 weeks. Finished 7/09
Tamoxifen 10/08. Switched to Femara 8/09
Bilat SPM w/reconstruction 10/08
Clinical Trial w/Clondronate 12/08
Stopped Clondronate--too hard on my gizzard!
Switched back to Tamoxifen due to tendon pain from Femara

15 Years NED
I think I just might hang around awhile....

Laurel is offline   Reply With Quote