View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Britbee

4th chemo Taxotere/Herceptin having trouble

Having been through three chemo cocktails and made it I am now on the second part of my treatment. I am having trouble with a barrage of side effects from this particular one. Mentally.
I was told I would probably experience joint pain. That as long as my temperature was stable I could go ahead and use Tylenol to help with it. Ok so what if your temp is up? Mine was never high enough this week to warrant a hospital visit but it was high enough I did not want to mask it by taking pain killers. So. I suffered. Could not sleep because my legs and back were aching.
Had a lot of trouble with my mouth the last chemo session so they gave me a mouth wash to take care of that.
I have huge random bruises which they also said would appear. My nose is dripping like a tap but ZI do not have a cold.
Now this is starting to sound like a big whine but honestly I am usually a pretty tough old gal. Don't know why this time has just done me in. Yesterday I sat down and just cried and cried, couldn't stop.
The mere thought of having to go through all this again in just two weeks is almost more than I can bear.
I know a lot of you ladies have already go through this. Please help me.
Lobular carcinoma in situ focal
Paget's disease of nipple
One of 12 axillary lymph nodes with metastatic carcinoma
Negative for extranodal extension
Metastic tumor deposit measures 1.5 cm in maximal dimension
ER 0/8 PR 0/8
Her2 +
Treatment node positive HER2+ breast cancer treatment
Chemotherapy FEC-DH
Herceptin for remainder of year.
Chemo starts November 25th 2011.
Blog: http://importanceofmammograms.wordpress.com/