View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 04:44 AM   #7
VirginiaGirl

Re: Tykerb/Xeloda, side effects??

Hi Lori,
I just started Tykerb/Xeloda last week, and so far have only had to deal with sporadic diarhhea, and remembering to take the pills! How are you doing on it? I seem to remember reading somewhere (maybe on this board?) that the minor cough you mentioned is a side effect but I could be mistaken. As far as your vision, over the years I've had taxotere, taxol, and abraxane (just finished that in November), and noticed on each that my vision got worse. And I became extremely sensitive to light on the taxol. Each time it would resolve and get better. I mentioned this to my onc after finishing the abraxane but his lack of response told me he didn't see a connection. Don't know why, because it does seem to be a common side effect. As others recommended, do a search for the T/X side effects, you'll find a lot of tips for managing the side effects. Here's hoping we both do well on this combo!
Peace and Blessings
alternative chemo 5/05-7/05, rad 8/05-10/05
7/06 dx mets to vertebrae, pelvis & chest lymph nodes
8/06 - 10/06 tamoxifen, herceptin, oophorectomy & zometa
11/06 PET/CT showed continued bone mets, new spot on liver
12/06 began taxotere/herceptin 1x/3 weeks,
2/07 - 2-08 NED!
3/08 progression, start taxol/herceptin weekly, monthly zometa
8/08 start ai & herceptin
12/08 - progression, start weekly navelbine/herceptin thru 6/09 & monthly zometa
7/09 - PET/CT showed improvement in spine, but 2-3 lymph nodes in chest became active
9/09 - 11/09 - weekly abraxane/herceptin
12/09 - PET/CT - chest lymph nodes resolved, progression in spine & pelvis
2/10 - 6/10 - start tykerb/xeloda, progession in spine & pelvis
7/10 - start taxotere/carboplatin/herceptin

VirginiaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote