View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #1
LoriG

Tykerb/Xeloda, side effects??

I don't know if theses are potential side effects or I have new areas of mets. I have been on Tykerb/Xeloda since the last week in December. The breast "tumor" is FINALLY shrinking but I am having all these other issues.

I had back/rib/scapula/ elbow pain while on Taxol last fall which resolved off Taxol but has now come back. Bone mets or side effect? The pain is not severe enough yet that I even take tylenol but it is there, intermittent, and mentally annoying.

I have had blurry vision for about 3 weeks. I saw an eye doc who said it was correctable so unlikely to be a sign of eye or brain mets. The vision is pretty bad at times, however, and I think worsening or at least worse than it was a few weeks ago. Typing this message is painful as my computer vision is the pits. Prior to this I was 20/20 8 years post- LASIK eye surgery. In bright light or when looking at the computer screen I have a bit of double vision (worse in the right eye).

Last and probably least is an annoying minor cough that I am hoping is from post nasal drip or something else benign. It feels more like a tickle.

I am only 33 and have never had pain issues or really any medical problems prior to my BC diagnosis last year.

Thoughts? Am I crazy? I am scheduled for a PET next month but have not had a brain scan. I guess I need one but am still holding out hope the vision issues are chemo-related.

**Sorry for any typos. I don't have the "eye energy" to proof read!**

Thank you for any response!

Lori
*Taxol x4 with weekly herceptin
*Breast MRI 12/09- no improvement
*PET scan 12/09- no evidence of mets
*Tykerb/Xeloda 12/09
*Bilateral MRM 4/10
*Twice daily rads to both chest walls and both axillas 5/10-6/10
*9/10 PET/CT- NED
*Tykerb/Xeloda until 12/10
*Tykerb and Tamoxifen 12/10-current. Bye bye Xeloda
*2/11- malignant pleural effusions bilaterally (likely lymphangitic lung mets) and skin mets
Herceptin and Ixempra
LoriG is offline   Reply With Quote