View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 05:00 PM   #15
chekmark

Re: Pain? yes Appt? yes Relief? ????

Dennis,
When I had my herniated disk I would scream out with pain. My husband would set the alarm 2 hours before I needed to be up so I could take a pain pill to get out of bed to get ready for work. Most excruciating thing ever. If I didn't move I was ok but how do you avoid moving? Maybe try to position yourself in the back seat some how so u have more availability to move or stretch. Now getting out of the car is another topic. I will tell you that after surgery I was pain free and walking the halls immediately if that is of any comfort to u. We all react differently and I pray that is the case with you. U can do this I know u can. I am surprised that they haven't already done your surgery with the pain level you are having. U have tackled so much and won, this is just temporary. I feel your frustration, enough is enough but let's get that back feeling better SOON! Are they doing a fusion or micro discectomy? U r always in my prayers. Scream in a pillow if it helps, you are allowed to be fed up. Lets hope this is your last hurdle. Keep us posted.
DX Sept 30 2010 at the age of 49. Oh crap! 1.5 cm idc, stage 1 grade 3 er/pr+, her2+ no lymph nodes, mastectomy Oct/10. Started 6 rounds of TCH Dec/10 and will continue herceptin until Nov /11 and just started femara.
Stray kitten found my lump while I was playing with it. It is now my pet and my dog is not real happy about that.
Mammo good
last herceptin 11/21/11 YAY
reconstruction 12/09/11
Chapter closed 12/10/11, hopefully, fingers crossed
Bone scan, chest xray, clear
04/27/12 Expander removed, implant put in, ahh sigh of relief, much more comfortable
Sept 30, 2014, 4 years NED
chekmark is offline   Reply With Quote