Thread: Alcohol
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #14
Carol Carlson

I was diagnosed in early March of '04. I did not have any alcohol after surgeries , chemo and rads. essentionally the entire year. Probably because the simple mention of alcohol turned my stomach. About 2-3 months after treatment, I had a glass of wine and it actually tasted good..
Since then I usually have a glass or 2 if we go out to dinner or if I get together with friends. I actualy asked my oncologist about it and she said I really didn't consume enough to be a concern and basically said, " The amonut of wine that you drink will not likely increase your chances of recurrace and did not seem at all concerned, and PCP is not at all concerned. So taking their lead, I do have a occasional glass or 2 of wine
on an occassional basis and don't really worry about it.
It's supposed to be so good for cardio-vascular status, depending on what article you read, I feel a little the same about breast cancer.
At age 67, I'm not going to fret about it. I'm a 4 year survivor and plan to be around a very long time . ( and I actually have a Hershey's candy bar with Almonds on occasion ) tsk. tsk
As someone postd previously, moderation is the key. AND I laugh more when I have wine which soooo healthly.
And that's my stand.
Carol
Carol Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote