View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 05:56 AM   #62
bobbiw

Hello all
I am finding this post very interesting as I just finished my last Taxol 2 weeks ago and am now continuing on with weekly Herceptin. I have been wondering what if any side affects I may have now so this has been helpful to me. I have been on a disability leave from work and am wondering if I should now (since I am just on Herceptin) ask my onc to release me to go back to work. However what I am finding is that when I am at home doing my regular routine of housework etc I do pretty well BUT when I really have to use my brain it just doesnt want to function. For instance my husband and I went to see our accountant yesterday and I had absolutly no attention span and felt like crying I was so frustrated....could not GET what he was saying at all. At my last onc appt I told him that I had driven up to the gas pump to get gas and could not for the life of me figure out how to pump the gas. He said that may be due more to age than anything. Ok so I agree with him SOME, however, before all of this for god's sake I knew how to pump gas! I am going to have reconstructive surgery but have to wait 3-5 months after my last Taxol treatment. So I would only by back at work for a short time as it is. Oh all of these things to consider and decide on....it's never easy is it? Any thoughts?
bobbiw is offline   Reply With Quote