View Single Post
Old 06-20-2007, 04:11 AM   #3
Mary Jo

Dear Flori,

I so understand what you are saying and I agree wholeheartily. The longer I am out from diagnosis though, I do find that my attitude is becoming more and more as what you wish for. Of course, I will never be the "old" Mary Jo. That changed almost 2 years ago when I heard the words "I'm sorry to tell you, but you have breast cancer." BUT, I'm coming to realize that ultimately what will be will be. I've talked with so many people and sadly, there really is no rhyme or reason to this disease.

Please don't misunderstand me though. I do realize the importance of eating right and exercise. Those are key for all areas of good health and life in general. But for me personally, I'm coming into the thinking that this is my life. I will take care of myself the best I can but I realize even that doesn't guarantee a "perfect" life in any sense of the word. I TRY not to put too much thinking into EVERYTHING that comes my way but TRY (and succeed most days) to enjoy each day for what it is. I realize today is all I have and to make the most of it.

Here's to your "new normal." May it become the "normal" that brings you peace.

From your "sister" who understands,

Mary Jo
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06