View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 12:48 AM   #1
rinaina

failed reconstruction following prophylactic mastectomy

Anyone else experience failed diep following double mastectomy? Had surgery on 10/17/14 and a little over a week later found myself back in the OR for deriding of necrotic tissue and lost all of the right flap and left with a huge open wound and a small wound on left breast. The left healed well and the right is still healing but very small with the help of a wound vac preceded by a few different dressings and prescription ointments and dressings. Researched my choice of plastic surgeons and chose one based on friends and drs recommendations after consulting with 2. I was so sick with high fevers and wounds which has now left me feeling insecure about future surgeries to correct the failed reconstruction. My left breast only needs a reduction and lift but the right breast would require more, tissue taken from my back, healing, an expander, implant if expansion is successful. So fearful of failure again but don't want to end up looking like this forever. Any thoughts, suggestion or input.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote