View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #4
Gerri

Re: Need some perspective, please

Flori,

I wish I had some advice for you about your treatment options, but I will leave that to others with a lot more knowledge. I do have a lot of experience with migraines so I thought I would share with you what has worked for me.

Having suffered with migraines since I was 18 I know of the unrelenting pain you are experiencing. A migraine is so much more than a headache, impossible to describe to those who do not get them. You say that Imitrix is not working - do you take pills, use nasal spray or give yourself injections? Only the injections worked for me. There are so many new migraine drugs on the market, maybe a switch in medication will help.

Many years ago I finally found a doctor who also suffered from migraines. She put me on a beta-blocker - 40mg of Corgard 1 x a day. I had tried other beta-blockers, but this one was different and didn't have a ton of side effects. I don't how long it took, but I finally was able to get them under control. Slowly my migraines came less often and then I got to the point where I could actually function when I had one. I haven't had a migraine in a few years and continue to take Corgard. I was considering stopping until I saw a post by Lani a few weeks back about a study indicating that beta-blockers may prevent recurrence of bc - I've decided to keep taking them for now.

I really hope that you can start feeling better soon. I have a feeling that once you get your migraines and depression under control you will be able to make some decisions on what to do with your treatment plan.

Hang in there Flori, I am pulling for you!
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote