View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #11
Pray

Re: arimidex side effects.

Hi, Well I saw the rheumatologist, He said he couldn't tell what was going on yet. He gave me a nsaid, took several x-rays of my hands and blood work, said with in two weeks time depending on how the nsaid works he would know along with the other tests what is going on.

The nurse had me take my rings off which took some doing and some windex (never thought of that one!). My fingers hurt pretty bad the rest of the day. They told me not to wear them until we figured out the swelling.

I had mentioned in a past post that I didn't think I could take much more of this. I have reconsidered my position. I do believe i would much rather tolerate side effects than having arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis. This is scary to me because I know many people who have either or. They suffer a great deal and one is a good friend who was dx as a teenager. She is an amazing woman who never complains. She humbles me, she is so strong.

So the Dr. is not a guesser and I hope to know something in about 10 days. I suppose anything is better then the c-word.

Its my forth day on the nsaid and nothing yet but it makes me very tired no biggy. He said it could take a week before it started to work.

Has anyone else had this journey?

V-ness I do hope you are doing better. I would love to hear you chime in.

Peace,

Nancy
Her2 +3
4/12 nodes
6 rounds TCH
Herceptin 12 months 3weeks
Rad. 30 tx
Tamoxifin 6 months stopped
Arimedex stopped 9/12 (side effects)
Aromasin 10/12
Pray is offline   Reply With Quote