View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 08:28 PM   #3
giapeterson

Re: My Wife Rachel Was Just Diagnosed Wtih HER-2+ Breast Cancer (Please Help ...)

Hi [B]morr7 - your situation is very, very similar to mine - [I] was dx in April 2013 w/ stage 2b - [I] had a single mastectomy - [I] am er/pr/ and her2 + - had a 4.5cm tumor w/1 node involved [I] am 41 - 3 children ages 3, 5 and 7 - my husband and researched this for 2 months before we proceeded w/treatment - w/ a triple + dx, it seems tch is best - we got clear margins but my surgeon was a little concerned abt 1 section but said
She thinks rad will take care of it
- [I] got my port installed wed this past week - everyone as well as everything [I]'ve read says the port is the best way to go. my treatment plan is also 6 tch treatments 3 weeks apart, then 33 rad treatments - herceptin for a year and tamoxifen for 5-10 years - after exhaustive research on both my husbands and my part and after talking with several bc survivorsf with same or very similar dx - this appears to be the best possible treatment - [I] am combining w/holistic treatment as well and will be seeing a holistic MD - juicing/vegan diet/proper supplementation/exercise/sunshine/massages/an A LOT OF PRAYER - God [B]less
giapeterson is offline   Reply With Quote