View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:00 AM   #5
Joy

hey gals...

Thank you all so much for updating on the side effects and really it sounds as though they become tolerable. I'm counting on that as I always seem to do okay (not to jinx myself). I'm still waiting on meds, blah, blah, blah. In the meantime you guys are making me feel so much better about starting such a truly NEW treatment. And you ALL crack me up so much-what a gift.

When I was on xeloda 5 years ago I had headaches. I'm not a headache person much so i remember how frustrating that was to be one. So Brenda it sure seems logical that the drugs are causing that. And fatigue in and of itself can cause headaches as can dehydration and all of that comes about with these meds.

Could I get a skin update from you guys as far as rashes, pimples, etc. As in are they worse, getting better, just hangin around, really bothering you, etc. that would be great. I have this stupid fear of being a diarrhea- ridden, dried up old, bumpy, toad who has to live in a dark bathroom and hire people to run errands for me. Now you see how really weird I am, huh?

So my abdominal pain seems to have been a $3200 abdominal muscle strain. I was at the hospital for 31/2 hours drinking contrast and waiting and being forgotten about. And later that night my pain felt noticeably better and the next day was even better and today is better still. The CT showed nothing obstructive, but it did show interval progression in the liver mets from a month ago. Which I knew had to be the case. I forget that other things in life can cause pain. I have been cleaning and moving furniture by myself a lot lately and I think that is part of the pain. Those tumors, though, need to be treated and soon before the liver gets compromised and these drugs aren't possible.

okay, enough weirdness from me today. Thanks for your updates and any responses. So glad to have you all!

dx stage I 2/2000*er/pr+; her- per IHC*lumpectomy*4 rounds A/C*30 rads*tamoxifen*dx stage 4 5/2002*huge mets to liver*tiny mets to lungs*stopped tamoxifen*5/02 taxotere/xeloda*her 2 checked with FiSH-her2+++herceptin *2/03 stopped chemo femara w/herceptin*zolodex*04 switched to aromasin w/herceptin*05 high estrogen tx*11/05taxol/carbo*7/06 stopped chemo; megace/herceptin*9/06navelbine/herceptin*5/07tykerb/xeloda great response*4/08 progression in liver; ooph/ faslodex /herceptin
6/08 began Herceptin DM-1
9/08 progression
Joy is offline   Reply With Quote