View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 07:23 PM   #6
'lizbeth

Re: Physicians have new resource for managing disease in patients with early-stage br

I can imagine how wiped out you are. That is why I suggested stopping at 4 or 5 of the TC. You might want to consider a dose reduction for the final chemo.

Contrary to popular opinion, the side effects of chemo do not all cease shortly after taxotere, some last a lifetime. How bad are your symptoms? What do you mean your bones are tired? Is this fatigue, or is it low blood counts from chemo? How is your cognitive function doing?

Quality of life gets much better when you only do Herceptin! Almost there . . . yeah for you!

Drink plenty of water. Get as much exercise as you can tolerate. Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables of every color, including the dark greens.

Take Vitamin D supplements. I had a terrible fatigue and brain fog after surgery and discovered by accident that Selenium supplements resolved it significantly.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote