View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #7
Jean

Debbie,
Most if not all feel the emotional loss of giving up herceptin. It is a double edge sword. As much as you want to complete herceptin treatment and move forward, there is the concern of stopping....but believe me in a few weeks you will adjust and get comfortable. The first 3 month check up
is a bit funny also. Be patient with yourself, it does take time to re-adjust.

And venting here is certainly normal and most welcome....who else but
we can fully understand what your feeling. Interesting, Debbie (NC)that now
you mention your angry at BC...you were most likely always angry at
it...but maybe you were so busy with your treatments you did not have the energy or time for the anger. Aahhh for those carefree days
before breast cancer (our old life back as you said) we never knew how good life was did we? I have learned this is the new norm - learning to
live with bc....yes, think of it this way...LIVE with it...I would rather do that than think of it any other way.

Take one day at a time and do all you can to live as normally as possible.
For me, I try to look my best every day, continue to work and get outside and walk, exercising is also a biggie to help relax you and also helps you to feel better. I don't think there is any one answer - but many things that add up and mean something. I have also found that I do things that I enjoy and love, and I have stopped doing things I don't.

You may find out now that you have completed your herceptin treatments and move forward onto the next journey that you will appreciate having
your days back...and yes, it will be normal once again, a new normal !

Please know it does get better!
Kind Regards,
jean

All good wishes,
Jean
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006

Last edited by Jean; 02-02-2008 at 10:48 PM..
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote