View Single Post
Old 06-25-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
giapeterson

Re: Supplements with chemo/Herceptin

moebean, I wanted to respond bc you and I have very similar situations - I am her2+ (but er and pr + as well) I tried treating it holistically for about 5 months but now that I understand the incredibly dangerous nature of this particular diagnosis I understand that there is a place and an absolute necessity for coventional. I start my TCH treatment just a few days after you - on wed 7/3 - I am very, very interested in hearing the reply to this thread from more experienced survivors. My onco said that I could continue my holistic protocol while undergoing tch - he said he has many patients that do many of the things I do (I am basically doing the "bill henderson protocol" not sure if you've heard of it or not). I plan on not taking any of the supplements the day before chemo, day of and day or two after, but otherwise sticking with it to help my immune system bounce back. And I also plan on doing it for the rest of my life. I have not filled out my profile yet, but when I do I think we'll have a lot in common. I am 41 and I have 3 little girls ages 3(today - happy birthday sweetie) 5 and 7. Stay strong - we will beat this using combined holistic/conventional and compare notes! One last thing - I will also have a holistic/integrative md monitoring me.
giapeterson is offline   Reply With Quote