View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Andi

Joy - my acne made its appearance this last weekend. I had several little pimples on my chin, nose and cheeks. They seem to be healing and at this point there are no new ones. I am on my second day of my week off xeloda. Since you mentioned you had bad acne in the past and have concerns about this, I would suggest you be proactive and ask you onc how to "prepare" for this side effect, should you have it. I have had the bathroom issues, but if I take an Immodium every 2-3 days, it keeps things under control. I am really tired (more than any of my other chemos) and I have to really work at eating and having things taste good. That's a big switch for me because I have always liked to eat. So far I do not have the hand/foot thing, maybe my cream/b6 from my research study are the real thing, or it could just be too soon for that side effect to show up. I'm sure hoping you get your copay business straightened around so that you can get on with your treatments. Better get all of your furniture moving done first, because if you feel as "out of gas" as I do on this combo, you won't feel much like doing it later! I'm glad your pain wasn't anything serious. Positive thoughts are headed our way...
Diagnosed 6/30/05
Lumpectomy 7/13/05
Dose Dense A/C x 4
Weekly Taxol + Herceptin x 12
Remainder of year Herceptin Every 3 weeks (completes 9/13/06)
Radiation completed 2/28/06
Currently on Tamoxifen
Dec 06 - Pleural effusion treated with pleurodesis
Now er/pr-, her2++
1/07 started weekly Navelbine plus Herceptin
Discontinued Tamoxifen
4/27/07 CTshowed progression
5/01/07 Began Tykerb/Xeloda + Zometa
5/22/07 Stopped treatment due to great progression
Andi is offline   Reply With Quote