View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #8
TSund

I will never forget paging through Ruth's pathology report from her needle biopsy. I had read enought to get a grasp on what I was looking at. Everything was "moderate" (except for tumor size), and I kept thinking, "oh, good", until I got to the LAST PAGE. The very high herceptin marking jumped out at me and as I recall they even had a computer generated "prognosis "poor" I was absolutely terrified. It wasn't until we saw the 2nd oncologist and she said "you are HER2+ and that's good because we have a way to treat it"... that I calmed down. I guess we are somewhat in uncharted waters with Herceptin being so new, especially for non-metastaic cancer, but also relatively new for metastatic cancer also. Who knows what the future may hold. I hope and pray that EVERYONE here is part of a remarkable success story....

Terri

PS If you haven't read the Herceptin book ("The Making of Herceptin") I recommend it!!!! scary, incredible, thought provoking, and very hopeful for the future.
Breast MRI showed 2 enlarged nodes, not palpable
100%ER+, 95%PR+, HER2+++
6x pre-surgery TCH chemo finished 9/15/7 Dramatic tumor shrinkage
1 year Herceptin till 6/08
MRM 10/11/07, SNB: 0/4 nodes + Path: tumors reduced to only a few "scattered cells"
now 50% ER+, PR- ???
Rads finished 1/16/08
Added Tamoxifen,
Finished Herceptin 05/08
NOW is the time to appreciate life to the fullest.
TSund is offline   Reply With Quote