View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #380
norwegian

Smile 51 years - or 80?

Ah,- I'm so happy about this option to complain a little! It is hard to do it elsewhere, because I feel I should be happy,- and Herceptin is not chemo..and I am happy about that, but....you know..

Anyway, here I go:

Joints pain. Sometimes I feel ( and look like!) as I'm 80 years old when I'm rising from my sofa or a chair. Specially if I've been sitting for some time. I am all stiff in my hips, and my anchles and around the feet. And I walk bend like a really old person before I am able to straighten myself up. Fear:Has the cancer gone to my bone?

Back pain. A strange kind of feeling extremly tired in my back. I went skiing - cross country the other day, and after a short time I had to return because of my tired back - and my short breath.. Often I wake up with this back pain. Fear: Recurrance? Bone cancer

Short breath. Even if I exercise twice a week ( mostly to strengthen my muscles, but also to maintain a better breath. Not heavy exercise!) I don't seem to have any resources! I have checked my heart - and it is fine, but... Fear: Lung cancer? Heart failure?

Nose problems. Soar nose, "crispi" nose, dripping nose, tight nose - hard to breathe.. No special fear (!)

Insomnia.

Hair. My head hair is growing very slowly. On my body - very thin and - well, that is really no problem. I havn't shaved under my arms or on my legs in about one year.

Hot flashes.

Dizzieness. Sometimes only. Fear: Have a guess...

I guess that was it. What a relief to have a little complain about this!!!

4xFEC100 and 4x Taxol. 25 rad.

I will finish my last Herceptin in June. Have had it for one year then, every 3rd week.
The chemo pushed me into menopause.
Have I forgotten something?

Happy Easter to all of you!!

Diagnosed Dec 06, tumor 1.3cm. 1/10 node. PR/ER-, Her2+, DCIS, Mascetomy right side. FEC100 x4, Taxol x4, 25 Radiations, Herceptin finished in June 08. Lymphedema right arm
norwegian is offline   Reply With Quote