View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 01:15 PM   #13
dawn

Thank you Linda,

I have been doing so much better since finding this site. It makes you feel not so alone and answers a lot of my questions. Everyday, it seems like theres someone out there like me and doing so well. I have also been finding there are people out there with a lot more problems than I have. One thing Im really having a hard time with is health coverage in the world. When you are faced with a terminal illness and the emotional, physical and mental stress of cancer you should not have to worry about whether you can afford or get the treatment you need. It just makes me so mad. Im one of the lucky ones to live in Canada where we have provincial health coverage. The only thing I have to worry about is getting my anti sickness pills, which I have insurance for, but if I didnt our social assistance program would kick in so that you do not have to do without while you are sick. So Im learning that even though I have cancer, Im still a very lucky person to live in the country I live in and to have so many options available to me.
Linda, thanks for the email, Its great to know theres so many out there for support and help.

Mar 2006Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu 3+++, Er & Pr positive, 8 of 18 pos 03/14/06: Mastectomy 04/19/06 started Chemo adriamycin, chlophosphamide, taxotere 25 rads
Nov 1, 06: 3 years Tamoxifen, Herceptin (1yr)
Jan 2009 Femara mets to bone aromasin and aredia
June2009: Full Histerectomy
2/22/2010 6 spots in liver 2 mm-10 mm: switched to xeloda and Herceptin will continue with Aredia J
Scan February 2011 new onc, switch to abraxane
April 2011 NED clear organs, 3 spots on bone scar tissue.
Scans August 2mm spot on liver and lungs. now on to tykerb/xeloda
Dec 2011 scans nothing on lungs, liver down to 1 2 mm spot. j
une 2012 another spot on liver on to cisplatin/gemzar.

dawn is offline   Reply With Quote