View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 06:58 PM   #10
Chelee

Dawn, Your DX is very close to what mine was/is. I am stage IIIA, Her2/neu, Er & Pr positive, 5 of 16 positive nodes.

Its very overwhelming and darned right scary when you get that first DX. Your head is spinning. Your life is turned upside down over night. So go easy on yourself. I think we all know what you mean about trying to figure out everything the doctors are telling you. Its alot of information to take in.

I am so glad to see you found this board. Thats a major plus in your favor! There are some really knowledgable people on this board. And don't worry about asking too many questions. As far as I am concerned...you can't ask too many. Everyone is here to help and learn...and support each other.

One of your posts said for the most part you stay positive & upbeat but occcasionally that creepy little thing sneaks in. Believe me...I know I can relate to that...and I don't want to speak for the others...but I am sure it happens to them at times too. You have come a long way already...I see you have already had 5 of your 6 chemos. YEAH. One more to go.

In the last six months that all this has happened to me...I can't tell you how many times I have been up, and then down a couple days like you said. It happens. Some days I will actually feel like I don't have bc and all is right with the world. You are going to have lots of good days...and some not so good. I think its important to let your feelings out. Try NOT to hide them from everyone like I have tried to do many times. I have learned if I feel like a good cry...darn it...I cry! And I always feel better.
Holding in all your feelings doesn't do you any good. I realize you don't want to break down in front of your kids....that i understand. But believe me...you will go through many different stages through this journey.

So when you say its nice to know your not alone in these feelings...no your aren't. Not even close. We all understand all to well.

If you hang around here long enough...you will see many encouraging posts from other her2 gals. You will get lots of support here.

Sending your warm & healing thoughts.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote