View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 11:03 PM   #3
cafe1084

Hi,

My name is Stephanie and I am a stress junkie.
It is amazing how much stress we can endure and not even realize the damage it is causing. I am a 3rd generation professional "worrier". I wear my heart on my sleeve and never learned how to tell anyone NO. I never learned to relax and even at rest, I feel stressed. In a matter of five years, I buried my dad, my grandmother, the father of my 2 oldest sons, my ex (and father to my youngest son), moved 3 times, completed 3 years of college, took on a demanding and stressful job, never took vacations, was the primary support to my sis during a very complicated pregnancy, then kept my nephew 4 nights a week so she could work. I'm a single mom of 3 athletic, active boys. If there was an idle moment, I could feel the adrenaline withdrawal. There is a chart that rates life changes in numbers and according to numbers, I should've been dead 3 times over.....if this breast cancer wasn't a wake-up call to change my life and reduce my stress, I don't know what is! The stress I have now is a deep, quiet urgency, focused inward...as detrimental as the previous stress, I assume, only now I'm worrying about me....and still worrying about things that I cannot change.

I take it as God's (or my body's) subtle way of taking me gently by the shoulders and waking me from my stress coma.

Just a thought,
Steph
cafe1084 is offline   Reply With Quote