View Single Post
Old 06-23-2007, 07:54 AM   #4
dhealey

Susan,
I have been on herceptin since March, I have had some mild depression,but I related this to having bc. I sailed through my treatments and first surgery like nothing happened then I had my second masctectomy and a dear patient of mine (I'm a nurse) passed away after a 3 year battle with lung cancer. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I have done as Becky suggested and have started walking again. This has helped alot with my depression and has inproved my ejection fraction on my heart echos. I also have started doing what Odette suggested only doing what feels good to me I have let go of all the little irritants in life and for once am concentrating on just me. It is very liberating when you get rid of the junk in your life. I have also started setting small goals. My first goal is to walk in the Charlotte Avon Walk for the Cure. I may not be able to walk the entire course but I decided to do this for me and all the other breast cancer sisters out there! Please don't be so hard on your self and start to love yourself again. My prayers are with you.

Debbie in North Carolina
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote