View Single Post
Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 AM   #1
RosaGneco

Unhappy How can I keep my mother positive?

My mother was diagnosed with breast cancer caused by the HER2 gene just a few months ago (Nov 09). The doctors removed the lump in a partial mastectomy and immediately started her on Herceptin and chemo. It's only been two weeks since her first chemo and she is doing horrible- to say the least. She can barely see, can't stand and can’t keep anything down- not even water. She telling everyone that she will never go back to the doctors because they are going to kill her before the cancer does with all the meds. She's loosing her hair already and is extremely depressed. It is extremely hard on the rest of us too.

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep her going on with treatments and how to keep her positive? It's hard for her to listen to us when we beg her to continue treatments or when we tell her to keep her head up because we have never been through anything like what she is going through. She feels we dont understand. Maybe if someone who has been through this can give some words of encouragement/ advice she would be more willing to listen.

Sincerely,
Loving and Scared Daughter
RosaGneco is offline   Reply With Quote