View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 10:44 PM   #9
janet/FL

Lung resection and pain

Joan and others
I have a friend in the San Francisco area that has had BC twice, several years apart. (don't know what kind of BC, I think ER+) Now, a few years later, she has a spot on her lung. I strongly urged her to get a second opinion as her doctor was just of the wait and we will rescan and see if it grows, train of thought.
She got the second opinion and they said they will do a biopsy. If it is lung cancer, they will remove it, and if BC, they will do chemo. I have urged her to push for surgery. Now however, I am hesitant to do so as I have another friend who just had a part of his lung removed (no cancer found) and he was in tremendous pain--for a long time.

Can you tell me if you had a lot of pain (it didn't seem so in your post) and where you went for treatment? I would like to be able to recommend alternatives. She is in her 70's, I think, but very active, traveling all over the world. I would hate for her to have chemo, she didn't have it before, if she could have something gentler to the body.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.
Lumpectomy 12/2004
Stage 1, 9mm DCIS, grade 2, Her2+++, ER/PR negative
Refused A/C as recommened by two oncs.
35 treatments of radiation that ended March 4, 2005
Changed oncologists and began
Taxotere/Herceptin August 2005. Finished Herceptin July 2006
janet/FL is offline   Reply With Quote