View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 08:05 PM   #6
Debbie L.

more to come

Hi again. I don't think that BCIRG 006 is done yet. The 3-year report was an interim analysis, for one thing. On their website they say that "BCIRG continues to closely monitor patients for long-term efficacy and safety analyses."

I'm in the control group of another big adjuvant Herceptin study - NSABP B-31. They told me they would be following me "forever" which seems rather a long time (smile) but they do still check on my status yearly (I enrolled in 2001).

I'm curious to see more results not so much to see more efficacy information about Herceptin itself as to see what they find about recurrence rates (and locations) over time, related to HER2, ERPR, Herceptin, etc. And to see what we learn about anthracyclines. And of course duration of Herceptin - that's an important question.

Although I guess by the time we have all the info that we want, much of it will be moot. They'll be saying "well it's interesting to know that about Herceptin but since we now know that "brand Z" offers better survival advantage and has less toxicity, information about Herceptin is no longer relevant". Just imagine.

Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote