View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 10:41 PM   #4
VDC

Re: I think I'm in trouble!

Thanks for the encouragement. Of course, I need all the information before making decisions. But I'm pretty sure all is NOT well. I know my body WAY too well! Actually I usually diagnose myself before my doctor does. And my family has a long history of dealing with doctors and diseases.

(our son has a very rare medical disorder). I was the one that diagnosed him and the one that helped him defy the odds. It was predicted that he would die by the age of 20. He is 23 and shows no evidence of heart disease! His disorder causes heart disease at a young age. We defied the medical protocol and decided to pursue a different path than recommended. And, last year his doctor admitted that we had been right in our approach!

So, coming through our other medical experiences, (my mother and father as well), I tend to be my own doctor. I take nothing at face value and do all my own research. Then I decide what path to take. Unfortunately it takes a very special doctor to work with us!

All this to say that I am keenly aware of my body and changes that occur to it. What I am experiencing now is NOT normal for me. It could be related to the two biopsies that I had, but it seems unlikely since those were 2 and 3 months ago. I am sure there are other things that could cause the "thickness" in my breast, but IDC (or worse) seems the most likely. I'm not overly upset about it, just the "big sigh" and a "really?" ...and since I do all my own research this is the point where I start in reading all those research papers and thinking about the possibilities. I like to be prepared! This is just a VERY BIG "DARN IT"!
VDC is offline   Reply With Quote