View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #51
Chelee

Re: Cancer is back...I just knew it.

My head has been spinning since being told my cancer is back yesterday. Then being rushed off for x-rays...being given appt. dates for ECHO's, infusion dates, dentist visits, labs, port placement, brain MRI and the list goes on as I DON'T have to tell any one of you.

I haven't even had time to really deal with how I feel about any of this. My husband finally said today he will take me any where I have to go...he will use FMLA or whatever it takes. He told me not to worry about it. I was shocked to hear him say that. But I'll see what happens when it all starts up. He was so angry last time I went through this & took it out on me often. It was so hard on me. Like I didn't feel bad enough.

After hearing that and coming here and finding all the replies and support from you all I can't quit crying. But that's what I needed to do. I serisouly DO need you guys right now because I have no one to help me. You would think this would be easier the 2nd time around...but so far that doesn't seem to be the case for me. I've been on the phone all day scheduling all these appts...right now it just seems like too much. One minute I feel like I can do this...then I'm not sure. But I remember the 1st time once I got my first infusion out of the way it got easier it seems. So I'll be ok...but I really will need some help here to get through this. So thanks to all of you for the PM's, prayers, messages of support. I'm over whelmed by it. I'll get my crying out of the way to day and put my boxing gloves back on. There laying around here some where.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote