View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #19
kcherub

Flori...you crack me up. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

Andi...I knew you would give me a master list of things that I can try. I can't promise to do it all (I barely remember to take my Tamoxifen every night), but I will look up everything you mentioned.

Update as of today...I went to my PCP yesterday (love him--he's great and is really compassionate about my fears). I seem to have ANOTHER sinus infection. WTH?!? I had one 8 week ago! He reluctantly put me on another round of antibiotics--I say "reluctantly" because he knew I didn't want them, but felt that I really needed them. This one is AMOX. with something else in it. I will also be starting Allegra-D once I have this infection cleared up. I have kind of ignored the allergy issues since I finished chemo, as I was trying to deny that I had suddently developed allergy issues. Chemo--the gift that keeps on giving.

I am already coughing less, and when I do, it's productive. I can still feel some draining in the back of my throat, but it does seem better, as the constant "tickle" is gone. I hope that by next week, I am back to my normal self. Well, as normal as I can be.

As for the handwashing, I am a recovered OCD'r, so I have that one down pat. I guess it's no holding strange babies for a while, or at least until I get the allergies (which I wonder if can make your immune system less resistant, since your body would be fighting them) under control.

Love to you all...

Oh--and there was Diflucan thrown in there, too. We all probably know how that goes. LOL
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote