View Single Post
Old 11-15-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Lien

Colds

I know the feeling: for the first year or two, every and any symptom made me feel I had cancer. It gets better over time, but it never quite goes away. Or it didn't for me, and I'm 4 years, 10 months out from diagnosis.

My rads tech told me that it can take up to a year to bounce back from surgery and rads. Your whole system is affected. I remember trying to play soccer with my boys, and being outrun by my then 73 year old father, who has a heart condition, joint problems, diabetes and who is a prostate cancer survivor. Not very encouraging.

I used to get colds too. Now all I get is an allergic reaction. ;-( Those virusses are mean; they grab you when you are low. Miserable creatures. But you'll get them in the end. Take it one step at the time. I try to remember that it's better to worry about colds than to worry about a recurrence. This doesn't always work, but hey, I'm only human.

Now cuddle up in a corner with a cup of tea, a good book and allow yourself to feel sorry for yourself for half an hour. See if you can keep it up that long. It always helped me to realize that I couldn't manage to do that for more than 15 minutes or so.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote