View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 11:42 AM   #27
Alaska Laura

'Scuse me if folks have already heard this, but you know what else is good to have? A Vision Board.

I have one, it is a cork-board with pictures on it of my vision for me, for now and the future. I have to update it because I did it before I started my treatments and now that I'm almost done with the treatments, a few things have changed. I also have a few words on it like "believe" "ask" "receive".

When I start to feel "negative" it does me good to accept those feelings, look at my vision board and let go of those feelings. I don't try to "fight" my feelings, I try to feel them, accept them and let go. Some days, especially since I'm in cancer treatments, it is a little hard to let go of some feelings... but my vision board does help me refocus and smile.

It doesn't even have to be a board, tack things around your mirror and then every morning you wake up, you can know, that you are a miracle that is a part of this world.

p.s. Andi you are still too cool We all need all the positive energy we can get even if it comes from someone who says they are "OCD" welcome to the club
ER+PR+Her2Neu+ - I'm just a positive person :D

"Life is a grindstone; whether it grinds you down or polishes you up depends on what you're made of."
Alaska Laura is offline   Reply With Quote