View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #4
'lizbeth

Re: don't remember if I posted this during ASCO--good results for her2 vaccine

This is my trial. I'm in the GP2 vaccine arm because I'm HLA-A2+. SandraGa is in the arm with the AE37 vaccine by Antigen Express.

Here is the link for the clinical trial:

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials...archid=9088859

The Phase III should be starting soon. Five years of data needs to be collected. However the phase III could take longer, possibly 10 years, because it takes up to 5 years for full enrollment. This is why I encourage everyone I can to participate. The faster we enroll, the sooner that everyone will have an opportunity to have the vaccines.

You need to enroll by six months after finishing Herceptin or treatment for the above trial.

I have discussed other vaccine clinical trials with my nurses. There is one that is combined simultaneously with chemo and Herceptin. Another vaccine trial is for lower expressors of Her2 who are not eligible for Herceptin.

I don't know of anything similar that is a treatment to actually prevent recurrence.

I can say that I felt much better after receiving the injections, not immediately afterwards as I had flu-like symptoms, and some serious headaches. But over time it seemed like my health felt like it was improving. I suspect that I benefited from the treatment, but of course, it is a blind study and I won't know until the 5 year mark if I received the vaccine or the GMCSF only.

I encourage others to please consider joining this clinical trial, or any trial that is suitable to you. The faster the trials reach full enrollment the sooner treatments will be available to all of us.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease

Last edited by 'lizbeth; 07-15-2012 at 08:47 PM.. Reason: typo
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote