View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #44
Paula O

Re: Fun Free Opportunities/resources for Breast Cancer patients

Julie,

I am so happy that you were able to use some of these resources. I appreciate you letting me know. I'm sure you'll enjoy the time with the other ladies at the Look Good Feel Better session in Feb! One tip I especially was glad to learn was how to pencil in natural looking eyebrows and they demonstrated a nifty trick I used to make a comfy turban out of a soft tshirt with a scarf wooven through.

If anyone is interested, this is the perfect time to get applications in to Camp Kesem, Little Pink Houses of Hope, and Casting for Recovery (see links above). It may work fine to apply later in the year but summer Camp Kesem for kids with a parent with cancer fills up fast and some application deadlines are coming up quickly (ie: if you live in FL, applications for that Casting for Recovery retreat have to be in by February 22nd for the April retreat). There's a whole lot more to that weekend than learning to Fly Fish (although that part turned out to be super fun too). The accomadations are lovely--the one ion Fl is at a Hilton.

I'm excited that I'm going to be able to volunteer for Casting for Recovery and Little Pink Houses of Hope this year--wonderful organizations blessing the socks off of women with breast cancer.

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote