View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Thumbs up Re: Andi BB is the Birthday Girl!!

Just wanted to say a big thank you to those who sent me birthday wishes! So thoughtful! I had the best day!

Up and running. Paul's beautiful card. It is always just right and my moment to be told I am loved (those moments are precious) and how after 47 years he never tires of me. I am a hub of entertainment for him, ever babbling, talking politics, supplements and spirituality. No time to be bored there.

My two daughters came to take me to lunch. They squeezed me in between the vet and picking up their kids at the bus stop. I rushed to make the briskets. Raced out the door. One brought gorgeous flowers and the most agnificent card I have ever received. (Kind of reminded of the ones I got when they thought I was dying... )) Well, maybe in light of my recent scares, they are appreciating me ever more. Gotta love that!

I got a picture album to be filled with my fav 20 pix, and some Sephora hair samples for my severely dry hair. (Chemo and age do a # on our hair. Not that I am complaining, b/c it is attached, though thin and frail and not what I started with! Feeling the wind blow through my hair is such a joy.

Finished up the briskets. Answered some of my many phone messages and email messages and FB messages and I feel the love.

Paul and I had dinner at Houston's. Just lovely! Everyone I love and everything that is meaninful to me saturated my Bday and I am saying a joyful THANK YOU!!! No cake, but my friends and family are like the icing on the cake.

And, I live in hope. Cake could come tomorrow, with Rosh Hashanah, and our celebration... Or Saturday... Doesn't matter.

Wish Pinkie would find her recipe for chocolate coconut cake! I don't bake, but I'd make an exception for such a prize! I've had a hankering for coconut since June, and what goes better with that than CHOCOLATE????

XOXOXO to ya'll, my Sisters,
ANDI
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote