Thread: Palliative Care
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 11:36 AM   #22
Lien

Re: Palliative Care

Dear Emilie,

I too respect your decision. Sometimes it is harder to have no control over your future than deciding to stop treatment. But for those who are still completely focused on prolonging their life, this decision must seem very drastic. It is the opposite of everything they are focussed on.

I remember how my mother struggled with that. Her decision to have no more therapy gave us the chance of spending time with her, walking the last bit of her life journey by her side. It gave her and us peace. She was not the kind of person to wither away and suffer. She was the kind of person who needed to take matters in her own hand and decide when enough was enough.

I have no idea whether it is like that for you. I just know that we are all different and we all have to walk our own path. I hope you find peace while walking yours.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote